terça-feira, 8 de setembro de 2015

Thoughts | My top 6 tips to reduce overthinking/ anxiety

Hello babes, how are you? The past few weeks have been crazy, I've been going throught some tough times.
But today I bring you something that I struggle since I've been really small, which is overthinking. I overthink EVERYTHING, which leads to anxiety and frustation.

1. Workout - Yes, it seems weird, how working out can calm you down and help with anxiety, but it's actually true. Even if you're not a big fan of sports or working out in general, just search some easy workouts and build it up. It will get you of your computer or sofa, release endorphins that you make you happy and calm.You'll get happier in the long term!

2. Go on a walk/hiking. If you have a pet, take him for walks, enjoy the nature and the fresh air. Being in peace with yourself starts with small steps.

3. Make 'To Do' lists. I was never a fan of lists or anything like that. But I find that making lists at night with small things that you need to get done on the next day calms my mind and actually doing those things during my day makes feel acomplished and put together.

4. Take care of you. Never forget to take care of your body! I really like pamper evenings. I get the chance to have a nice bubble bath, do face & hair masks, exfoliate, apply a nice mostourizer all over, give myself a pedicure, etc. But also, eat well. Try to make good food for yourself, try to cut down on sugars and proceded foods. Never forget that a good nutrition can make you look better, feel better, calmer.

5. Find something to do. Keep yourself busy, even if it is creating a blog (like I did), cleaning your room/closet, draw, bake, read a good book, watch a tv program. The more time you have available, the easier it is to overthink and stress about things that didn't even happen yet.

6. If it starts to get really hard or affects your relationships... Go see a doctor. There's nothing wrong with it. It's more common that you think, never be ashamed to ask for help. Talk to your mom/someone you trust and tell them how you're feeling.

Hope it helps in some way!!

Have a nice day!
Inês xx

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário